Back to Exhibits Archive
The Beginning, Part One: The Library Before 1949
1928-1933, 7 v.
(Special Collections, Falvey Memorial Library)
These catalogs were used to find books in the library by first choosing a subject, Profane History for example, then by browsing that section for an author or title.
These three photographs of conceptual drawings (c. 1930s) show what Villanova’s library might have looked like if it had been built by the architectural firm of Alfred Panepinto (Class of 1927). These designs were ultimately rejected in favor of plans from the firm of Henry D. Dagit & Sons who built the Villanova College Library (1949) and the 1968 addition to the library.
These two photographs show the exhibition as it looked when it was on display from May 19, 2006 to September 15, 2006